Laser Spider Vein Erasing
Ugly spider veins on your face, nose, and legs can quickly and easily be removed from the surface of your skin with the best lasers available on the market. Our FDA-approved lasers remove any color of spider veins – purple, red, or blue. Facial veins typically require just one treatment, and there is usually no down time – the veins just disappear! Spider veins on legs often require at least two treatments. The treatments are fast, pretty painless, and very effective!
Preparation for the Treatment:
1. Do NOT pluck or wax for a week prior to your treatment.
2. DO shave the day prior to your laser treatment. There will be an additional charge if we need to shave you.
3. Avoid being in the sun without sunscreen on the area(s) you’re having treated for 10 days prior to your treatment. This includes sunless tanning products, tanning beds, and spray tanning. PLEASE stay out of a tanning bed or away from spray tan or sunless tanning products AT LEAST 10 days prior to your treatment.
4. Also, don’t use Retin A on the area(s) to be treated for 7 days prior to your treatment.
5. If you have used Accutane in the past, you must have been off this product for at least six months prior to the treatment.
6. We do not perform laser treatments on pregnant women.
7. Laser Hair Removal Forms
8. Your appointment will be confirmed via an email reminder, as well as a phone call and/or text message from our office, no later than the day prior to your appointment. Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time. Because appointments often take less than ten minutes, if you are running more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we will have to reschedule your appointment. If this happens, or if you should need to cancel your appointment on the same day of your treatment (or if you forget about it) or are unable to give us an 18-hour notice that you need to change or cancel your appointment, you will lose this treatment. If you have too recent sun exposure and we are unable to do your treatment, or if you have too recent sun exposure and we have to reschedule your appointment, you will be assesed a fee of a minimum of $35 per 15-minute time period we have reserved for you.
During the Treatment:
Since you’ll be bringing in your completed froms, our technician will review your history and answer all your questions. You’ll need to remove clothing from any area we’re treating. We’ll ensure there is no hair present on the area(s) we’re treating, then clean the area to be treated. We’ll calibrate the laser based on your skin type, then you and the technician will don the appropriate safety goggles. Let the zapping begin! If you find the treatment too intense, or if you have a low tolerance for pain, there is a topical anesthetic available for purchase from our office.
Length of Time for the Treatment:
Typically, nasal veins and facial veins take about 10 minutes to treat, while leg veins can very in length of time to treat. Because of the efficiency and speed of the laser and the laser tech, an inch of vein typically takes about 10 seconds to treat. We have found that most people prefer 10-15 minutes for vein erasing.
After the Treatment:
You may have some bruising and swelling if you had a vein erasing treatment on your face. Leg veins typically are bruised and swollen (like a cat has scratched you). We recommend that you bring support hose, lycra pants, or pantyhose to wear after a leg vein treatment, which you’ll want to wear for a minimum of 3 days following the treatment. The more compressed and the longer you can keep the treated veins while they are healing, the quicker they will heal. Your skin will be sensitive to the sun, so you’ll apply sunscreen before you leave our office. We have sunscreen for your use, so don’t worry about bringing in your own (though you can if you want). You will be able to go about your life after the treatment, and you can shower, apply makeup, etc. Shaving while the veins are healing is not recommended. Post treatment aftercare instructions are found here: Learn More
How Spider Vein Erasing Works
There are three parts to laser technology that make vein erasing effective: the pulse duration, which is the amount of time the laser is on the treatment area; Joules, which is how hot the laser is, and the spot size, which is the diameter of the beam.
The Pulse Duration:
Laser energy will be adequate enough to destroy the vein color, but not damage the skin or other tissue.
The laser is designed to kill the blue color of the spider vein. Joules is the amount of energy required to sufficiently heat the vein to the damaging temperature, so that the color is erased.
The Spot Size:
The diameter of the distance gauge, which is the part of the laser that touches your skin, should be the appropriate size related to the depth of the vein being treated (in other words, a small spot size for a small, surface vein, and a large spot size for a larger, deeper vein).
We zap the veins with the laser, and they disappear RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES. The laser kills the color in the vein. But…then…the vein returns about 30 seconds later, and it is bruised and swollen – it looks like a cat has scratched you. The treated vein can be swollen and bruised for a few days up to a few weeks. The use of support hose is recommended while the veins are healing.
Erasing facial or nasal veins is quick and feels like a rubber band snap. In most cases, the veins disappears RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES. Quite often, leg veins need to be treated in two treatments – the first treatment will be to remove all the blue veins, and the remaining red veins will be erased at the second treatment. The duration of time between treatments depends on how quickly your veins heal from the first treatment.
“Wow! They’re gone!”
“My first laser treatment for spider veins went great. Everyone was very friendly and the procedure went so smoothly. Definitely would recommend it.”
“I had a hand-size spider vein mess from an injury, and after one laser treatment, it’s almost completely gone. I am really surprised and very impressed!”
“My wife had a terrible experience at another laser company. I called your office to get information and you were very professional and very knowledgeable, which renewed our faith in your profession. You are all AWESOME. Thank you!”