As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with Juvéderm® injectable gel, you can fight this from happening! The appearance of wrinkles, smile lines, and facial folds can be smoothed by adding volume underneath and bringing the skin back up to the surface.
What It Is:
Juvéderm® is a hyaluronic acid (HA), a natural complex sugar found in all mammals and a major component of the dermis connective tissue matrix. HA retains water like a sponge, absorbing more than 1000 times its weight. This helps to attract and maintain water, hydrating your skin and increasing its volume and density. HA is also involved with the transport of essential nutrients to the skin’s viable cells.
How It Works:
A “next generation” filler that is injected into your skin, Juvéderm® provides a smooth, natural look and feel—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)! Studies show superior results of Juvéderm® compared to a collagen-based dermal filler. It is optimally formulated for versatility in immediate contouring, volumizing, and correcting wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm®is the only hyaluronic acid filler FDA approved to last up to 1 year!
Why You Should Consider Juvéderm® from Smooth Skin Centers:
Immediate results!!! The injection process takes only about 30 minutes, so you can step into our injector’s office for a treatment and step right back into your life. Plus, there’s minimal recovery or downtime.
Men and women of varying ethnicities have been treated with Juvéderm® at Smooth Skin Centers. Our registered nurses are certified and very skilled at injecting Juvederm™, using the manufacture recommended method for injecting this amazing product.
Preparation for the Treatment:
NOTE: Juvéderm® injectable gel should not be used in patients who have severe allergies marked by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies. You should not have Juvéderm® if you have a history of allergies to Gram-positive bacterial proteins.
1. Do NOT pluck or wax for a week prior to your treatment.
2. DO shave the day prior to your laser treatment. There will be an additional charge if we need to shave you.
3. DO NOT use prescribed Retin A on the area(s) to be treated for 7 days prior to your treatment, and be careful not to get a chemical peel or other type of injection on any area we will be injecting for at least 7 days prior to your treatment.
4. If you have used Accutane in the past, you must have been off this product for at least six months prior to the treatment. If you currently take any prescribed acne medication, you’ll need to get your doctor’s permission in order to receive an injection.
5. We do not inject pregnant women.
7. Your appointment will be confirmed via an email reminder, as well as a text message from our office, no later than the day prior to your appointment. Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time. Because appointments often take less than ten minutes, if you are running more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we will have to reschedule your appointment. If this happens, or if you should need to cancel your appointment on the same day of your treatment (or if you forget about it) or are unable to give us an 18-hour notice that you need to change or cancel your appointment, you will lose your deposit. We require a $25 deposit to reserve your Botox appointment and a $50 deposit to reserve a Juvederm appointment.
During the Treatment:
Once you and our nurse have discussed your area of concern and agreed upon the appropriate treatment, our nurse will gently ease Juvéderm® injectable gel under the skin with a small needle to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds—the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth). No anesthesia is required, though our nurse may choose to numb the area to be treated with a cold pack or a topical numbing cream prior to injecting. You may want to close your eyes during the treatment if you are nervous around needles.
Length of Time for the Treatment:
A typical procedure takes approximately 30 minutes.
After the Treatment:
You should feel fine to go about your day following your Juvéderm® treatment, though you may experience temporary bruising and/or swelling following the treatment and if you use substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, you may experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site. Juvéderm® can be used with caution in people on immunosuppressive therapy or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response. The most common side effects are temporary injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps and bumps, and bruising. Exposure of the treated area to excessive sun or extreme cold weather should be minimized until any initial swelling and redness have resolved. It is not advisable to have a laser treatment, chemical peel, or other procedure based on active dermal response for up to two months following your Juvéderm® injection. Post treatment aftercare instructions are found here: Learn More
For more information about Juvéderm®, please visit www.Juvederm.com. There, you can learn more about the procedure, see additional before-and-after photographs, and hear more stories about patient’s experiences with this amazing treatment. You can also call 1-877-345-5372