Unwanted wrinkles, crow’s feet, forehead lines of Denver – Botox and Smooth Skin Centers is here to help you!!!!
Botox Cosmetic® is approved for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65. When powerful muscles between the brows contract, they draw the brows together, causing the skin to fold or furrow. As skin becomes less elastic with age, those folds or furrows result in stubborn lines. Because frown lines are dynamic lines caused by overactive muscles, they can usually be treated with tiny injections of Botox® Cosmetic. Static lines, on the other hand, are lines that are visible even when the muscles are at rest and these lines are usually treated with a filler, such as Juvederm® injectable gel.
What It Is:
Botox® (Botulinum Toxin Type A) has been used therapeutically for over 25 years. First approved the US Food and Drug Administration in 1989, it is currently approved for use in more the 75 countries. It is the most-studied botulinum toxin and is one of the most widely researched medicines in the world. Men and women of varying ethnicities have been treated with Botox® Cosmetic at Smooth Skin Centers.
How Botox Works:
Very low doses of Botox® Cosmetic are administered via a few tiny injections directly into the muscles responsible for frown lines between the brows. By blocking the release of a chemical that causes these muscles to contract, Botox®Cosmetic enables them to relax. The effects are very localized and do not affect your ability to smile, laugh, or otherwise show expression. Botox Cosmetic is the only product of its kind that has been approved for use in this area.
Why You Should Consider Botox® from Smooth Skin Centers:
We are a licensed and trained provider of Botox® Cosmetic, and we purchase Botox® from Allergan, Inc., the maker of Botox® Cosmetic. Our registered nurses are certified and skilled at injecting Botox® Cosmetic, using the manufacture recommended constitution rate. In other words, we don’t over dilute the product, so you are getting full strength Botox®Cosmetic. Be one of the 3.2+ million users of Botox®!
Preparation for the Treatment:
NOTE: If you have certain neuromuscular disorders, such as ALS, myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, you may be at increased risks of serious side effects from Botox® and should consult your physician prior to a Botox® treatment. Serious heart problems and serious allergic reactions have been reported rarely. If you think you’re having an allergic reaction or other unusual symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, speaking, or breathing, call your doctor immediately.
1. Do NOT pluck or wax for a week prior to your treatment.
2. DO shave the day prior to your laser treatment. There will be an additional charge if we need to shave you.
3. DO NOT use prescribed Retin A on the area(s) to be treated for 7 days prior to your treatment, and be careful not to get a chemical peel or other type of injection on any area we will be injecting for at least 7 days prior to your treatment.
4. If you have used Accutane in the past, you must have been off this product for at least six months prior to the treatment. If you currently take any prescribed acne medication, you’ll need to get your doctor’s permission in order to receive an injection.
5. We do not inject pregnant women.
7. Your appointment will be confirmed via an email reminder, as well as a text message from our office, no later than the day prior to your appointment. Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time. Because appointments often take less than ten minutes, if you are running more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we will have to reschedule your appointment. If this happens, or if you should need to cancel your appointment on the same day of your treatment (or if you forget about it) or are unable to give us an 18-hour notice that you need to change or cancel your appointment, you will lose your deposit. We require a $25 deposit to reserve your appointment for Botox and a $50 deposit to reserve a Juvederm appointment.
During the Treatment:
Botox® Cosmetic is a quick and minimally invasive procedure consisting of a few tiny injections. Our nurse will determine exactly where to administer these injections to achieve the results you want. No anesthesia is required, though our nurse may choose to numb the area to be treated with a cold pack prior to injecting. You may want to close your eyes during the treatment if you are nervous around tiny needles.
Length of Time for the Treatment:
A typical procedure takes approximately 10 minutes, and there is no downtime afterward. If additional sites are to be treated, your treatment time may be extended.
After the Treatment:
Discomfort following the treatment is usually minimal and brief. Do not strain, lift anything too heavy, or participate in vigorous exercise for three days following a Botox® treatment. Facial exercises in the injected area is recommended for one hour following the treatment. This helps stimulate the binding of the toxin only to this localized area. Do not lie down for 4 hours following your Botox® treatment. Post treatment aftercare instructions are found here: Learn More
For more information about Botox® Cosmetic, please visit www.BotoxCosmetic.com. There, you can learn more about the procedure, see additional before-and-after photographs, and hear more stories about patient’s experiences with this amazing treatment. You can also call 1-800-BotoxMD.
“Within one hour of my Botox Cosmetic treatment I was asked for my ID when trying to buy a drink! I’m 45 years old! That hasn’t happened in at least 25 years! Botox ROCKS!”
“I’ve had Botox numerous times from numerous people and yours is the best ever!! I will never go anywhere else. Thank you so very much!”
“Oh my, I love Sue! She is careful, and clearly cares. She doesn’t over-inject, like a lot of doctor’s offices do. I want to look better for my age, not like a crazy Hollywood housewife!”